Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Carries Weight Loss Journey

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Carries Weight Loss Journey Empty
PostSubject: Carries Weight Loss Journey   Carries Weight Loss Journey Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 4:40 pm

Hello all I have started the new Weight Watchers plan. I have been on it a week and lost 4.5 pounds. I joined online and I am really excited about the initial weight loss. It has really helped me pick the right foods. There are so many zero point foods that I can use to fill myself up on days that I am just super hungry.

I have had limited success on their old plans but the new plan has changed the way they calculate points. They used to calculate with calories and now they use carbohydrates. It helps me to choose my carbs wisely.

I can have anything I want if I plan for it. So if I want a pizza night I just have to eat a lot of fruits and veggies during the day or other low point foods.

I have to get ready for work soon but I will try to post some of my meals later.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Carries Weight Loss Journey   Carries Weight Loss Journey Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:38 pm

thats great hun,
i did weight watchers years ago and wasnt that successful, i found with the calorie counting the minute you stopped you gained back the weight twice as quick, there was no platau or anything.
Itl be interesting to see how the new plan works so pleased keep us informed and good luck xxx
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Carries Weight Loss Journey   Carries Weight Loss Journey Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 8:26 pm

Well they have changed all of weight watchers. I find it very easy to count my points on line. If they don't have something in there program they have quick calculator where you enter some nutritional info and it gives you the points.

You get Daily Points, Weekly Points and you can earn activity points.

Most fruits and veggies have 0 points. Now you are not supposed to sit down and have 5 of them at once. Here is what I do I have a one of these for breakfast with a cup of fat free milk in that I put in my coffee.
Oatmeal
Yogurt (6 oz)
banana
orange

Since I usually have the option I wait and see if I am still hungry. If after 10 or 15 minutes I eat something else. Usually I have the yogurt or oatmeal first then if I am still hungry I have the piece of fruit.

If I don't feel hungry I don't eat it. I can always some fruit or veggies if I get hungry.

Typically I have been eating a sandwich for my midday meal. I have ham, chicken or turkey with a slice of weight watchers cheese on Pepridge Farm very thin whole wheat bread. I put onions and greens and tomatoes on it and any other veggie that sounds good that day. I have been having one serving of ranch multi-grain chips as well but when they are gone I am looking for a lower point side. I need to use them up.

Dinner is my highest point meal. I try to plan that before I plan the rest of the days meals. I can have anything I want but I have been trying to keep most dinners reasonable. I do like to go out to eat and one day last week we went to Applebees and I have a Steak with potatoes (steamed), shrimp and veggies. They are a restaurant that posts their nutritional info on line. So I looked it up and plugged the numbers in on the weight watchers site and found that if I saved up enough points I could eat out.

Now that I am working days and working more hours I am going to have to find the time to earn activity points. The nice thing is a lot of regular everyday activities are in there like walking the dog, cleaning, gardening and mowing the lawn. So far this looks like the plan for me.

Today I am hungry so I will probably dip into my weekly points but you are encouraged to do so. I am not sure how many I will use yet but I already a yogurt, a banana, some cucumbers, a sandwich and chips and a turkey sausage dog on a whole wheat bun. I am sure I will be hungry again soon. I had one of those not so hungry days yesterday and they are usually followed by a day of feeling like I could eat every thing in sight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carries Weight Loss Journey   Carries Weight Loss Journey Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 12:38 pm

So I am on my ninth day of the plan and I am up a half a pound from Monday. I ate dinner late last night so I probably shouldn't have weighed this morning. I have been having trouble scheduling my work outs. I really can't wait until the ice and snow clears out so I can go for evening walks with my hubby and dog. I don't mind so crisp cold weather but I tend to be accident prone so I don't like the snow and ice.

So I am doing find on the diet. I have not used any of my Weekly points this week and probably wont. I have a back up Smart Ones Pizza in case I forget to get something out for dinner.

It looks like a everyone around here has been really busy! I wish you all the best
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Carries Weight Loss Journey   Carries Weight Loss Journey Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 1:44 am

sounds great for you hun, its nice to find something that works and keeps you motivated, keep us posted as to how it goes for you.

I totally understand those hungry days, dear me, i was eating 3 meals a day and still feeling ravenous at times so i ate anything that was free to fill up on at night.

I havent been doing so well on my eating plan of late, its not that im eating the wrong stuff as such but ive gone back to skipping breakfast and having a sandwich and my evening meal again.

Its been a bit of a stressful time for us lately and it shows in my eating habits but i wont give up altogether, il just ride it out Wink

Best of luck to you my friend xxx
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carries Weight Loss Journey   Carries Weight Loss Journey Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carries Weight Loss Journey
Page 1 of 1