Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Empty
PostSubject: Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary   Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 5:02 am

Ok everyone, just to give a little summary of how this all started for me to catch those of you up who may not know me.

I have struggled with my weight all my life. However, when I married my first husband in 1999 over a course of about 6 years I put on over 100 pounds. At my highest weight I was about 340 pounds. In 2005 I finally went back to work and lost the entire 100 pounds. In 2007 I seperated and divored my then husband and moved to Florida and lost about another 20 pounds. After living in Florida for about two months I moved back home to WV. It was then that I met my now husband and got pregnant with my twins. I didnt gain much weight while I was pregnant because I was already about 240-250 pounds. After I had the kids, I was put on birth control pills for about 8 months and it caused me to gain about 80 pounds back. Grrrr! May 16, 2010 I stepped on the scales and saw the numbers 330.6 pounds staring back at me. I knew it was time to do something. That day it all changed for me..well at least for about 3 months anyway..lol. From May 16th until August 16th I lost a total of 34 pounds bring me down to 296 pounds. From September until about the beginning of December 2010 I mostly just maintained my weight, not gaining any back, not loosing anymore. However, over the course of the month of December until today..January 13, 2010 I have gained 7 pounds back, putting me back up to 303.6 pounds. I am disappointed in myself but I am not letting that get me down..it is time to start again before this gets way out of control once more.

So that brings me to my current vlogs, which I will be posting here for all of you to follow my journey if you so choose to do.

Good luck on your journies if you are on one...feel free to also start a new topic in this section and post your own vlogs..it would be great motivation for us all and not to mention a great way to get advice and share tips.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Back on the Weightloss Wagon: Day #1    Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 5:06 am

Back on the Weightloss Wagon: Day #1

Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary   Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:29 pm

this is so exciting hun, i cant wait to see how you get on, thanks for sharing

i wont be too far behind you now hun in getting my own plan in order so il be sure to share that with everyone too .

Looking at your vlog i think i can imagine myself eating what you ate, my only concern is the two lots of bread in one day but i suppose if i was pushed for time i might.

I stopped counting calories a long time ago as i found the minute you stopped the weight gain practically doubled, i think im going to try portion control instead and see how i get on.
wish me luck Wink
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary   Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:29 pm

Good luck hun! Hope you start doing vlogs as well, it would be great seeing what your eating, etc. A successful weightloss plan involves finding something that works for you because everyone is different. It will be exciting to see what tips I can pick up from what your doing that might work for me also...will be watching for your diary as well!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Back on the Weightloss Wagon: Day #2    Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 7:04 am

Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary   Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 12:03 am

omg those veggie snacks, do you eat them cold ?
i cant imagine eating dried cold vegatables, cant say ive seen them over here.

anyway, thanks for sharing hun, i love that you are showing us what you eat, im sure itl help others and myself with ideas, keep up the great work oh and before i forget, please post your soup recipee Wink x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary   Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 3:43 am

Yes you eat the veggie snacks cold....they are hard and crispy just like a potato chip would be so they are really quite good!

Soup recipe is posted :D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Back on the Weightloss Wagon Day #3    Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:15 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary   Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 3:38 pm

Just one question where to you get the fruit crisp thing that looks great!

Thanks for sharing while I am not doing calorie counting because I tend to get too obsessed when I do that it is nice to have ideas for low calorie meals.

Good Luck! You can do it and I hope I can do it too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary   Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 5:08 pm

You can do it!! I know you can! Good luck hun! The fruit crisp I buy at my Walmart and Krogers grocery stores.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Back on the Weightloss Wagon: Day #4    Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:28 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Weightloss Summary: Week #1    Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:57 am

Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary   Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 5:02 pm

vivi you are doing really well with your eating hun,
how are you feeling after day four, are you satisfied, hungry, sluggish, energised or what ?
please share that with us also.
thankyou xxx
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary   Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 5:17 pm

ok, your last video just about answerd all my questions hun lol, congrats on your bit of filming in store , im sure itl be like water off a ducks back before long.

I do have another question for you or anyone who may know, is flavoured water ok to use instead of just plain tap or bottled water ?
I would have a real hard time trying to get 6 or 8 btls of plain water inside of me, so i thought i might achieve half if i could use flavoured water .x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary   Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 5:59 pm

Yes Wen flavored water is fine. Just make sure it doesnt have any added sugars or anything. I buy the packets of the powder flavor stuff to pour into my bottles of water. They make so many flavors and they are delicious tasting. Last night I bought the diet snapple raspberry tea ones and it tastes just like your drinking tea!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Back on the Weightloss Wagon: Day #5    Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:40 am

Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary   Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:29 am

MakeupbyMissVee wrote:
Yes Wen flavored water is fine. Just make sure it doesnt have any added sugars or anything. I buy the packets of the powder flavor stuff to pour into my bottles of water. They make so many flavors and they are delicious tasting. Last night I bought the diet snapple raspberry tea ones and it tastes just like your drinking tea!

thanks for getting back to me on this hun, il bbe sure to check that out closelyx
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary   Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:36 am

i love watching your videos vivi, but day 5 seemed pretty repetative to me, im dying to see you eat something substantial, what i see here just doesnt seem like enough food other than the bread.
Did todays intake actually fill you hun ?

please dont think im dissing you or your videos, im genuinely concerned for you hun xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary   Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:13 am

Oh no...I am def getting enough food...as a matter of fact most of the time I have to make myself eat because I am not hungry when it is time. I am eating alot of carbs because carbs are what I crave the most, when you do that carbs fill you up alot quicker and you stay fuller longer. However, you have to be careful because as we all know carbs turn to sugar....so if I want two sandwiches in one day I know I am going to have to sacrifice other things in order to have them. A person only needs 1200 calories a day to keep their bodies from going into starvation mode. I am getting well above that...when I exercise everynight I do exercise about 400-600 of those calories off but that doesn't matter because I have initially put over 1200 calories in my body that day so it is perfectly fine. As you can see from my videos I also eat alot of veggies, like the salads, cucumbers, tomatos on my sandwiches, etc...and fruits, like the bananas for breakfast, the mandrin oranges that I ate in that one video...so I am also eating alot of really good for me foods. I have a ton of energy and I am feeling extremely good and satisfied at the end of the night. Like I said this is not about me eating ONLY healthy foods...that doesnt work for me...and this is not about depriving myself of foods...if I feel hungry, I eat.....when I deprive myself I never stick with it. So, I am more than satisfied with how I am eating and how I am feeling and the weight is coming off really well. I know that what works for me though will not always work for someone else. The main reason I am doing these videos are for those who may need ideas for alternate snack foods, etc....not so much to say..here is what I eat and it is working so you should eat that too....that is not what I am saying at all. For me it is working..I see the results at every morning's weight checks.....for someone else, the may have to adjust it a little.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: TOUR: My Pantry, Fridge & Freezer    Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:22 am

Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary   Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:32 am

bless you hun,
i know ,you know what you are doing as you have gone this route before and you know it works for you and thats brilliant, youl just have to excuse my ignorance as its a new experience for me to watch and follow is all .

There is no one that will appreciate some of your tips and meal or snack suggestions more than i will once i start on my road (which is finally getting sorted yay)

I am very proud of you my friend, you are a real inspiration to us , keep up the great work xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary   Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:40 am

Awww hun thank you :D
We all have to start somewhere...when I started all this last year I knew next to nothing, but I just read books, did research online...watched youtube vids...and it really did help me in determining what would work for me.

I am so excited to hear that your getting your meals sorted....can't wait to hear how your doing with it all. I have tons of faith in you and I know you will be successful. You are successful in everything I have personally ever known you to try so this will be no different I am sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Back on the Weightloss Wagon: Day #6    Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 6:22 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Back on the Weightloss Wagon: Day #7    Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 5:17 am

Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary   Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 2:15 am

another great couple of videos hun and congratulations on your 7lb weightloss this week, youve done amazing and im so proud of you.
Keep up the great work x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary   Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Veronica's Weightloss Journey Diary
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next