Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Death Penalty Debate

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Death Penalty Debate Empty
PostSubject: Death Penalty Debate   Death Penalty Debate Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 11:20 pm

What are your views on the death penalty ?
Do you believe two wrongs make a right in cases such as murder ect ?
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty Debate   Death Penalty Debate Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 4:01 am

Over the years I have been torn regarding the death penalty. Debating if indeed two wrongs make a right... however, I dont think there is any right involved in captial punishment. I worked 5 years in a max security youth prison. Encountered kids who had committed the most horrid of crimes. I often thought how differently they would be living incarcerated had their crime been committed during adult years. Often cringed at the realization that one day they would be released and an unassuming person would be victimized. It is certainly worth a thought to ask oneself if they would want "that" person living in their neighborhood. But, does carrying out the death penalty make us safer? I like to think it serves as a deterrent, but honestly I dont think it does. I cant say if a criminal mind is born or is developed. Does it even matter if a person is born bad compared to a victim of circumstance? In some cases it seems a sterile planned death is a cheat, then on the other hand it seems brutal and barbaric.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty Debate   Death Penalty Debate Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 1:47 am

Im pretty much on the fence with this, do i believe in an eye for an eye, or two wrongs making a right ? im not so sure.

I cant say how i would feel if someone hurt or killed one of my loved ones, sure im human, id want revenge, but is their death the answer and what whole would it fill ?

ok im rambling now, like i said i just dont know, il sit on the fence a bit longer i think and see what else people think x
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty Debate   Death Penalty Debate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death Penalty Debate
Page 1 of 1