Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

70 Easy Cheap Recipes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

70 Easy Cheap Recipes Empty
PostSubject: 70 Easy Cheap Recipes   70 Easy Cheap Recipes Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:51 am

Did you know that each month we waste a lot of money on uneaten food? How would you feel about having 70 easy cheap recipes which would help you save money and free up time in your daily life?

I don’t joke about this. Over the past 18 months I’ve been living life on a very tight budget. One aspect of life that I realised by analysing my finances was my food expenditure was costing a fortune. I realised that I was having take aways on a regular basis, and eating out a few times each month.

I also found myself doing a normal weekly shop, only to thrown about one third of it out two weeks later. I needed a rest when I saw how much money I was actually wasted. Think about it. If you spend 20% of your income on food each month, and throw a third of that in the trash, you’re looking at throwing 7% of your income away. It’s wasted.

I needed a solution!
Easy Cheap Recipes Started To Save Me Money

The first thing I did was realise I needed easy cheap recipes to replace my diet of take away and restaurants. I also wanted to cut down what I was spending on food from the supermarket.

What I managed to do was actually cut my monthly food bill to about 10% of my income. Immediately I saw that instead of wasting 7% of my income, I actually saved 10% of it. This meant that I could save additional money with relative ease.

One thing that helped me is a great ebook I found, Frugal Mom’s Guide to Once a Month Cooking. This excellent resource had over 70 recipes on wholesome meals that kept me well fed and healthy. I didn’t need fancy ingredients that cost too much. I’m a fan of traditional foods, and this book had the lot. Here are some recipes,

* Beef Fajitas
* Cabbage & Beef Casserole
* Chicken Quesadillas
* Chicken Kievs
* Grilled Pork Chops
* Macaroni & Cheese

I felt like a kid again with these traditional dishes.

What was particularly beneficial was the additional material received with this book. They helped me save time and money because they trained me to break everything down into simple lists. No longer was I over spending at the supermarket.

Also, without doubt, I planned my meals ahead of time. No longer was I stuck with having to decide what I wanted to eat – I’d already made the decision.

frugalmom.net

see book here
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: 70 Easy Cheap Recipes   70 Easy Cheap Recipes Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 6:02 am

Oh I was constantly throwing away food and wasting it, especially produce...because I would grocery shop one main time for the entire month and before I could use some of it, it would go bad. But now I am shopping week to week and that is working out so much better for us also...wish I would have done it sooner, would have saved us loads of money.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: 70 Easy Cheap Recipes   70 Easy Cheap Recipes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 9:56 pm

Im still trying to juggle the left overs hun,
because we are planning our daily meals weekly now, i cant always use the left overs from the day before in other meals the next day.

The kinds of foods we usually have left over are rice, pasta (mixed with something or other )
veg and mash potatoes.

I suppose if i took more time to plan the meals i might be able to use the food up, but we already spend an hour or more going over it and it can be pretty headbusting, saying that, its working and we are all happy :)

Any suggestions welcome xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 70 Easy Cheap Recipes   70 Easy Cheap Recipes Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:34 pm

We'll deffo be planning meals and freezing stuf. It's easier when it's just a couple with no kids I suppose. So will be looking for plenty more cheap recipes if anyone has any, bearing in mind that one of us is a vegetarian. x x x
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: 70 Easy Cheap Recipes   70 Easy Cheap Recipes Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 8:21 pm

well dont forget to share your ideas with us too hun :) xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 70 Easy Cheap Recipes   70 Easy Cheap Recipes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

70 Easy Cheap Recipes
Page 1 of 1