Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Count your blessings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Count your blessings Empty
PostSubject: Count your blessings   Count your blessings Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:08 am

Share with us what you have to be greatful for today :)
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Count your blessings   Count your blessings Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:14 am

Yet again I must say how amazing it is to me that a thing seems to pop up at just the right time so often in life... being thankful. Today I spent with my brother and mom at the MRI dept at the hospital. My brother is severe epileptic with mental retardation. Due to recent events we needed to have a neurologist see him. As luck would have that Dr. was retiring and referred us to his partner. Long story short, new neurologist determines my brother needs an EEG. Oh boy so familiar with the wild roller coaster ride of what is often seen as "interference" into the so called normal life we have carved out for my brother. Anyway over an hour later my brother is returned to us, with head full of electrodes and this GAWD awful belt wrapped every imaginable way around his body. The next 3 days we will be returning him to the MRI dept for them to gather their data. I sit here thankful for the modern medicine and excellent mothering from our Mother that has enabled him to reach the age of 62. I like to thank he is handling this better than both my Mom and I are, but who knows the internal fears and worries he has? Yet, I remain thankful for him and all he has to offer those he encounters. To meet him is to love him.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Count your blessings   Count your blessings Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:24 am

this just warms my heart hun,
i understand totally where you are coming from with your brother, his needs, his care, his worries and indeed the families worries and concerns.

You put me in mind of how my daughter writes about my son, with such love and compassion, your brother is a lucky man and i have such admiration for him just for being himself hun xxx
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Count your blessings   Count your blessings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Count your blessings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Inspiration Forum :: Personal Support-
Jump to: