Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xmas on a budget

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Xmas on a budget Empty
PostSubject: Xmas on a budget   Xmas on a budget Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:18 am

There are few tips to Christmas on a budget I picked up along the way that I would love to share with you:

1. Make a Christmas budget – before you start shopping write down the amount you can spend

2. Make a Christmas list – don’t shop without a list. Write down the name of each person and the amount you will spend on them. Then write down the present or presents you would like to buy. Look for the best price. Sometimes you can save up to 70% by comparing and looking around. Make sure you have alternate gifts in case the one they really want is out of you budget.

3. Make Your Own Presents – many of us have certain skills and talents so why not use them to give personal gifts from the heart. More ways to save money and surprise our friends and love ones.

4. Make a Christmas dinner menu in advance – start shopping early for items on sale. If you start shopping 4 weeks before Christmas you will end up with lots of great deals. If you are hosting Christmas dinner for a large group don’t be afraid to tell your family and friends to bring certain food items or dishes to contribute.

5. Join or start Christmas Baking Exchange – this is a great way to save money and end up with lots of baked goodies. All you have to do is bake bigger amount of one or two kinds. You don’t need to spend big chunk of your Christmas budget on expensive baking supplies to have a variety.

6. Make inexpensive Christmas decorations and have quality fun time with your family. Perfect and easy Christmas decorations are garlands from popcorn and cranberries. They look so beautiful and festive on your Christmas tree. Make your own centerpieces with pine cones and evergreens. The possibilities are endless. All you need is your imagination.

Frugal Christmas is nothing to be depressed about. Once you try it you’ll never go back to the ways you used to celebrate Christmas.

Anybody even with a tiny Christmas budget can turn frugal Christmas into the most magical time of the year. All you need is your family, friends and little bit of imagination.

source
dailyorganizedchaos.com

Last edited by Admin Wendy on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Xmas on a budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xmas on a budget   Xmas on a budget Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:23 am

I had my first budget or frugal xmas last year and i cant begin to tell you how humbling and wonderful it was.
The sheer pleasure i took from making gifts and spending time on them cheered me up no end, i never would have dreampt there would be time to "mess about" with things before, i spent so much time dressing things up and enjoyed the experience immensely.

Even if by some miracle we were to get back on our feet finacially, i wouldnt want to change what ive learned and i hope to continue to mess around each year now :D x
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk

Xmas on a budget
Page 1 of 1