Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Develop a Cleaning Schedule

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Develop a Cleaning Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Develop a Cleaning Schedule   Develop a Cleaning Schedule Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 1:32 am

In creating your own cleaning schedule you want to keep the following in mind:

Determine What Needs to Be Cleaned

What needs to be cleaned daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonally. In our home dishes and sweeping are daily chores, if not more. Let’s face it, we need dishes.
When do you run errands? I usually shop on Wednesdays so I left the guest bathroom for that day. The guest bathroom is small and not too heavily used. It’s a small enough job for me to schedule for that day.
Do I get a day off? Give yourself a day off, you deserve a day of rest. I take Sundays off, it’s a day for church and family.
Determine When To Clean

Create a schedule for weekly, monthly, and seasonal cleaning projects. Organize cleaning into blocks to save time and clean better. I provided a FREE cleaning schedule download for you to get started! Or you can use whatever method works for you such as a traditional calendar, spreadsheet, etc.
Visit each room in your house and decide what needs to be cleaned and when. Is cleaning the windows a monthly or seasonal task?
Determine Who Is Responsible For Cleaning

Who is going to take out the trash? Who is going to clean the bathrooms? I’m a stay-at-home mom so most the the cleaning is left up to me but my husband has a few chores. He is responsible for the trash, recycling, and few daily chores such as sweeping, dishes, etc.
What chores should the children be doing? If you’ve noticed on my cleaning schedule, I didn’t list dusting, emptying the dishwasher, picking up toys, etc. These are age-appropriate chores that I reserved for my children. Next week, I will tackle the kids chore list and include a free chore chart download.

see more here
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Develop a Cleaning Schedule   Develop a Cleaning Schedule Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:26 am

I made one of these today, i think its a great way to get the whole family involved in the house hold chores.
Kids are never to young to be taught to pick up after themselves and most like to feel good that they have made mammy or daddy happy by helping out.

For small children you can do rewards for their chores as an incentive, for older kids, make them earn their pocket money for the weekend, thats what i did, it worked a treat.

Remember though not to let it become about the treats or money, there should be a set treat or set amount of pocket money given only if all chores are compleated for that week, dont start this thing of so much money for certain chores, then it becomes a bribe and the kids will win :evil: .
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: check this out - Should my children get an allowance for their chores?   Develop a Cleaning Schedule Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:39 am

This question has plagued me over the last several months. Late last summer I began to see that one of my children would only do chores if she was rewarded for her efforts. I realized that our current chore method was not working. It placed to much emphasis on the reward rather than the responsibility.

I decided we needed a new chore system which would be centered around two core principles.

1. Responsibility: My children will have daily individual and family chores which they are expected to complete.
2. Money-Management: The new chore chart will provide “extra” opportunities for earning an allowance.

Here is an example of our chore chart system.
Develop a Cleaning Schedule 00810

see more
here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Develop a Cleaning Schedule   Develop a Cleaning Schedule Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Develop a Cleaning Schedule
Page 1 of 1