Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Do You Do ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

What Do You Do ? Empty
PostSubject: What Do You Do ?   What Do You Do ? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:36 am

If you are lucky enough to have a job, tell us about it here.
Feel free to start a new post for each topic.
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk

What Do You Do ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do ?   What Do You Do ? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 8:01 pm

I work for the United Way right now answering phones at home for their 211 (first call for help) line. I am a teleworker with only one scheduled night a week. I also take on extra shifts for workers that call off or are on vacation. My one guaranteed shift runs from 6:45 at night to 7:15 in the morning. I love it because it gives me time to read. I have a lot of calls the first few hours and then it dies down to one or two an hour until about 6 am. So far it is the best paid job I have ever had.

You can't beat a job you can do in your pajamas and get paid to read.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

What Do You Do ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do ?   What Do You Do ? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 pm

sounds great to me hun :D x
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

What Do You Do ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do ?   What Do You Do ? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 6:39 am

I am currently on the sick due to stress and the collapse of my left foot but i dont invision it to last too long x
Back to top Go down

What Do You Do ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do ?   What Do You Do ? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:24 am

I am an unemployed special education teacher. Something has got to give in this economy because I am sick of eek no money
Back to top Go down

What Do You Do ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do ?   What Do You Do ? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 4:51 am

Maddie I get it I have my Degree in Social Work. I like the job I have right not because I get to work at home and I get to help people locate resources in the community that help them but it is not great pay and it was not worth the degree. It is part time and I like the job but I can't find good work in my field. I am going to stay where I am for now and if I still like it in a year I can maybe start putting in internal resumes.

If nothing else once the economy starts to pick up maybe I will be able to find something I enjoy just as much that pays better.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

What Do You Do ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do ?   What Do You Do ? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:56 am

maddie and carrie,
im shocked and stunned to hear that both of you have no work load as such in your fields of work.
On a personal level, having had a disabled child/adult, i know how invaluble yet scarce both jobs are to the disabled.
We have waiting lists of months and up to a year for social workers and the teachers are way to valuble to not be in work, as always its the old and disabled that suffer every time.
you guys are to be admired.
ok, rant over x
Back to top Go down

What Do You Do ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do ?   What Do You Do ? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:26 pm

Thank you for your kind words Wendy. I have 20+ years in teaching special ed students. My last job was at a youth prison, I loved it but unfortunately needed a break from the high pressure demands of supervisors. I had no idea that 2 years later I would find myself jobless with little to no hope for a new post. I live alone and have all but used up my savings. I try to stay hopeful and keep applying and trying to keep my name out there. It has been a real ego buster. I went from speaking at national and state conventions, maintaining a high pressure assignment to nothing. It's like throwing on the brakes on a Formula One car but only stopping when you hit the bales of hay! Anyway, as Scarlett O'hara said... tomorrow is another day. :o
Back to top Go down

What Do You Do ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do ?   What Do You Do ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 7:16 pm

I am just a Stay at home mother right now, to my 6 year old little girl only child i have :) she is in school all day in kindergarten so I am able to find a job which I have been applying everywhere seems like no one wants to hire these days I have not worked in 6 years and I don't know if that is why or not but yeah I hope to find something because my hubby is working 2 jobs right now to support my daughter and I his second job is part time but it does help out. I hope you ladies find something soon you will be in my thoughts xoxo
Back to top Go down

What Do You Do ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do ?   What Do You Do ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 10:03 pm

Melissa!! Hi there!!!! I have not seen you in ages, thinking I got a dump by youtube. Will check on that. So good to see you, and while I dont like the saying "misery loves company", so many of us are in same boat with job hunting. We will hang in there in hopes that something comes along. xoxo M
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What Do You Do ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do ?   What Do You Do ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Do You Do ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Lounge - General Chit Chat :: The General Chatter Box-
Jump to: