Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

U.S - Land of the FREE ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

U.S - Land of the FREE ? Empty
PostSubject: U.S - Land of the FREE ?   U.S - Land of the FREE ? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 5:55 pm

Would you say that the U.S is still the land of the free ? XXX
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk
justbill

justbill

PostSubject: Re: U.S - Land of the FREE ?   U.S - Land of the FREE ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 1:54 pm

Most don't realize this Wen, the term "Free Country", which is used so much here, is derived from the Revolutionary war, when the colonies gained their independence from England. The people here became free from English rule, hence, free country. We're not free from our own rule. We can't do anything here that you can't do in Great Britain or other countries. We certainly have more freedom than communistic countries and some others. We have less freedom now than ever before. I'm not happy with where we are. :(
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: U.S - Land of the FREE ?   U.S - Land of the FREE ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 11:04 pm

I get what your saying hun and thanks for the history lesson, i have to put my hands up and plead ignorance but i do know that like us brits things just seem to be spiraling out of control.
So much for independance and rights, they are getting fewer and far between xxx
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U.S - Land of the FREE ?   U.S - Land of the FREE ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

U.S - Land of the FREE ?
Page 1 of 1