Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disabled Children

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Disabled Children Empty
PostSubject: Disabled Children   Disabled Children Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 1:44 am

Would you still have a child if you knew before it was born that it would be disabled ? xxx

Last edited by Admin Wendy on Wed May 22, 2013 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk
justbill

justbill

Disabled Children Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disabled Children   Disabled Children Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 10:29 am

Yes... It would be great to know in advance so you would have more time to prepare and get whatever you might need.
Back to top Go down
jakey

Disabled Children Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disabled Children   Disabled Children Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:38 am

So I know its a bit past Saturday now, but I'm gona answer this one anyway.

Yes, I would. I'd like as much info as soon as possible if it were available, but no one can predict the future, you seldom find a text book kid, let alone a disabled text book kid.

Being raised with a physically and mentally disabled sibling, I know first hand just how hard it can be, but also how deeply rewarding it can be too; how every simple achievement can be like moving a mountain but so worth it at the same time.

Being a volunteer for Special Olympics and a play group for special needs under 5's and also a weekly youth club for disabled teenagers and adults, a summer play scheme and an ability counts registered football team for adults with a range of physical and mental disabilities, I guess that makes me a bit bias, but I'm super proud of the achievements of my Brother and ALL of 'my kids.'

In my opinion, if you can see past the name tag of a 'disability' and see the beautiful people under all of that, then there wouldn't be any question to answer.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Disabled Children Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disabled Children   Disabled Children Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:10 am

A very refreshing opinion gemps, thanks for sharing hun xxx
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk

Disabled Children Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disabled Children   Disabled Children Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 4:04 pm

Have to agree with you 100% Gemma.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Disabled Children Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disabled Children   Disabled Children Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disabled Children
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Family And Friends :: Pregancy and Parenting-
Jump to: