Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Changing your mind about God

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Changing your mind about God Empty
PostSubject: Changing your mind about God   Changing your mind about God Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 10:50 pm

Have you ever changed your opinion of your idea of god or in the belief of his existance one way or the other ?
please share xxx
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Changing your mind about God   Changing your mind about God Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 2:02 am

Have you lost faith and regained it, or have you found faith later on in life ?
Whats your story xxx
Back to top Go down
jakey

PostSubject: Re: Changing your mind about God   Changing your mind about God Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:58 pm

I'm Christened Church of England but I wasn't raised with forced beliefs, I didn't and still don't do the whole going to church every week thing, but I still had my belief that God existed and was firm in that belief. That was until a succession of bereavements that started in 2010 and sadly have failed to stop in quick succession since then.

This has shaken my certainty that any God would put one family through so much hell for no good reason and take away people who had so much to give to the world and teach others. It also brought along a resentment for seemingly wasting my time praying. My prayers were never answered, not one! so it got me thinking, is there someone up there who is supposed to be all knowing and all seeing but not helping or even listening? Or is it something that people believe because it makes us feel safe or blessed but doesn't actually exist at all?

Strange thing is I still believe in Heaven, maybe not like most pictures depict, fluffy cloud beds and Golden Gates etc. but I believe that our loved ones are together some place looking down over us and that they are forever pain free and happy.

I'm now very uncomfortable going to church because I feel like a fraud, like someone who doesn't believe who is imposing on the others who are there to worship something/someone they strongly believe in.

my personal opinion only folks, for those who do believe in God or Gods, I think you are very lucky to have an unshaken belief and I hope that belief stays forever strong.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Changing your mind about God   Changing your mind about God Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 2:00 pm

Wow gem,
I certainly understand how you feel as you know i feel very similar myself but im proud that you still have enough respect for others despite your own personal issues.
Love you babes xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing your mind about God   Changing your mind about God Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changing your mind about God
Page 1 of 1