Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Rock and Roll Era

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

The Rock and Roll Era Empty
PostSubject: The Rock and Roll Era   The Rock and Roll Era Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 6:49 pm

Tell us what you liked or disliked about the Rock and Roll era.

I was born at the end of the 60's so i didnt get to be in the exciting throws of the rock n roll era, but i do love to hear stories about it.

I remember my mam telling me that she worked all week to buy some material to make a new skirt for going to the Roxy Ballroom on a saturday night.

I love to see folks jiving too, its so energetic and self expressive, the clothes were fun and the music was electrifying.

What do you make of it all ? xxx
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk
justbill

justbill

The Rock and Roll Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rock and Roll Era   The Rock and Roll Era Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 8:38 am

Much of it was deeply artistic. Self expression. Much more than just the music alone. Some was anti war, some anti establishment, some just pure fun, some asking to help your neighbor. Men growing their hair as long as possible, women wearing mini, midi & maxi dresses, from their hips to their ankles. Everything was all over the place. The one surviving form of music from that era is metal. I arrived late to the party but still had a blast. Glad I didn't miss it completely.
Back to top Go down

The Rock and Roll Era
Page 1 of 1