Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Healthy Eating Questionaire

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Healthy Eating Questionaire Empty
PostSubject: Healthy Eating Questionaire   Healthy Eating Questionaire Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:12 am

What if any diets and eating plans have you tried in the past ?

Which if any worked for you at the time, even if you fell off the wagon at a later date ?

What do you find most difficult about changeing your eating habits ?

What do you find the easiest thing to stick to when changeing your eating habits ?

Do you normally feel the health bennefits quite quickly , or do you feel slugish and lethargic for a while first ?

What is it that pushes you to decide to change your eating habits ?

Do you find eating a healthy diet can prove quite expensive ? if so does this put you off trying ?

Do you normally try to do some exercise whilst changing your eating habits for quicker weight loss results ?

Do you find your skin, hair and other areas of your body and health improve when you change your eating habits ?

TO ANSWER
simply copy and paste this questionaire into the comment box and fill in your answers :)
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Eating Questionaire   Healthy Eating Questionaire Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 6:55 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have myself on a strict 1500 calorie a day intake. It works amazing! That and exercise.

Which if any worked for you at the time, even if you fell off the wagon at a later date ?
I have never had any diet work for me. I always feel so deprived after the second day that I never go any further with it. What worked for me and continues to work for me is portion control and a set calori intake of 1500 calories a day and a strict exercise routine. I never restrict myself when it comes to food because then I feel deprived and that makes me want to quit. I allow myself to have what I want but just make sure not to go over my calories for the day. And I try to exercise every night or at least five days out of the seven in a week. Also drinking plenty of water really truely does work.

Decreasing the amount of sweets I eat. I am the type of person who has to have something sweet after every meal or I just feel like I am going to die...LOL...However, as well all know you can't do that and still loose weight.

What do you find the easiest thing to stick to when changeing your eating habits ?
The amount of fruits and veggies I eat. I am one of those people who LOVE fruits and veggies so eating those is no big deal to me and actually really enjoyable.

Do you normally feel the health bennefits quite quickly , or do you feel slugish and lethargic for a while first ?
I usually feel them quickly...I feel so rejuevenated after my workouts and almost like a clean feeling. Like I have just sweated all of the nasty poisons out of my body and I just immediately feel proud of myself and just feel great!

My children. I don't want to die young. I want to be around as long as possible so I can be there for them as they are growing up. I lost my mother when I was really young and it wasn't fun growing up without her. I don't want that for my kids.

Do you find eating a healthy diet can prove quite expensive ? if so does this put you off trying ?
Not at all. All you have to do is stop buying all that microwavable stuff and all those sweets. The money you save from NOT buying that stuff completely pays for the more healthier choices and then some!

Do you normally try to do some exercise whilst changing your eating habits for quicker weight loss results ?
Yes! Loosing weight goes so much quicker if you accompany exercise and a healthy eating habit and who wouldn't want that right?

Do you find your skin, hair and other areas of your body and health improve when you change your eating habits ?
I really didn't notice to much change in those things for me. At least not with the hair and nails but my health certainly improved!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Eating Questionaire   Healthy Eating Questionaire Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 5:31 pm

I have tried counting calories, low carb diets, and simply cutting down what I eat and removing soda from my daily intake.

I would still have all my favorite things, just in moderation. If I went to a fast food restaurant, I would order only a kids meal and only allow myself a Sprite during meals. The rest of the time I would ONLY drink water. I was 185 lbs and in a year's time I was down to 125.

I have gained back all the weight (having a baby and losing my good eating habits) and the most difficult thing for me is the soda. I rarely drink water now and intake way too much soda pop in one day.

Allowing myself no no foods, just in moderation.

I feel sluggish at first and then get a boost as time progresses.

I am currently the largest I have been in my life, I know I have health issues and being overweight isn't helping. My motivation to change things is my little girl. I need to be around to watch her grow up. I am hoping all the wonderful people on this site will help me along the way and be my support system, lol.

Do you find eating a healthy diet can prove quite expensive ? if so does this put you off trying?
Healthy food is EXTREMELY pricey as opposed to all the foods you shouldn't be eating. Its usually more time consuming to prepare them and much more expensive.

I do try, but I am far from the energetic exercise go getter. I prefer not to, lol.

Absolutely! I have less breakups first of all. My skin looks clearer and less puffy. I feel like I can move and breathe better when I am not carrying all this extra baggage around.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: my questionare   Healthy Eating Questionaire Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:10 am

I have tried weight watchers and slimming world

They both work but i found slimming world was so much better for me

Eating so much food is hard for me.
A lot of people assume that a lot of big people are that way because they over eat or gorge on rubbish, let me tell you that this is not always the case.
I am a big lady, i dont eat breakfast,i have one sandwich and an evening meal, i snack on crisps and that is my eating pattern every day.
My evening meal consists of a dinner with meat and veg one night, then either oven chips, pasta or rice the next, so where am i going wrong you might ask ?
I simply dont eat enough and my body stores everything i eat as it doesnt know when its going to get fed again, sounds crazy but its true, im in danger of my body using up its muscle for energy. this has been the story of my life for years now.

Its just getting my head around everything, once i start im great but its getting started.
It takes a week or so to train my body to except more food but once routine sets in im fleeing as my body becomes its own clock and lets me know i need to eat at least three times a day.

Im a sluggish starter as i fight with that much food, but it doesnt last long, between eating healthier and seeing the weightloss results the adreniline soon kicks in making me feel 5 years younger lol.

Weight gain is a biggy, but my general health suffers and a total revamp of my eating habits kick starts the energy levels in no time, it improves my hair and skin and just revitalizes everything.

The reality is this, your first shop when starting a healthy eating plan can seem a lil extravegant as we want everything they say is good for us and like everything else, if its good for us it tastes bad and is expensive lol.
Seriously though, my first shop is hefty, but after that we find our feet and only replace what we use so infact my shopping works out so much cheaper in the long run.
We stop buying most of the crap like pies and quick fix meals, we arnt cake or biscuit fiends so thats fine, and we only buy what we can use as a family for meals.
My rule of thumb when eating sensibly is, if you want it, make it, nothing ready to put in your hand to cheat out of a meal.
Snacks are fruit, yogurts and vegatables, however my hubby and daughter will still have their crisps and a packet of biscuits if they fancy them and i know i can have low fat crisps if the urge gets to me as i dont deny myself anything, i jus put a leah on it lol.

I never used to, but the last time i decided to sort myself out i added exercise from the get go and lost 10lbs in my first week :D
Im not that gullable that i didnt think a lot of that was water as we all loose water the first time around but it was a great incentive to keep motivated .

Absaloutely and without a doubt yes .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Eating Questionaire   Healthy Eating Questionaire Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 6:40 pm

What if any diets and eating plans have you tried in the past ? I have tried Weight Watchers (although, that was about 8 years ago), a Low-sodium diet from my doctor, and then a counted calories diet.

Which if any worked for you at the time, even if you fell off the wagon at a later date ? Weight Watchers did nothing for me....nothing at all. I didn't even loose a pound and I followed that diet to the letter. The Low-sodium diet worked AWESOME for me. My doctor put me on it due to high blood pressure. The first month alone I dropped 20 pounds. No exercise just following the low-sodium diet.

The diet I am on now, I change up a bit to give my body a jolt if I notice my weight is at a plateau. I eat between 1200 and 1500 calories a day. I try not to go over 20 grams of fat a day. I do NOT watch my carbs. I drink between 10 and 12 glasses (8 oz. each) of water a day. And I try to exercise at least 30 minutes a day (I try to even do a hour and 15 minutes a day) for 5 or 6 days a week.

What do you find most difficult about changeing your eating habits ? It was eating Chocolate but I have found a way to have my chocolate and still stay within my calorie range and fat gram range. Tip: find the mini-candy bars!

What do you find the easiest thing to stick to when changeing your eating habits ? Really, I have found that my whole out look on food has changed. And the creativity I have found over creating healthy food and even healthy treats keeps me on track.

Do you normally feel the health bennefits quite quickly , or do you feel slugish and lethargic for a while first ? My health benefits where amazing....just within that first week of weight loss. My blood pressure was through the roof (My doctor threatened blood pressure pills and he gave me a week to get it down) my highest blood pressure reading was 199 over 129. By the end of the week I had it down to 120 over 88!!! And now, I have a healthy blood pressure.

What is it that pushes you to decide to change your eating habits ? My doctor telling me that I had high blood pressure, edema of the legs, and on the road to becoming diabetic. Plus, Heart disease runs deep on both sides of my family. My first thought was I have to do this for my kids and that is what makes me stick to it. But what pushes me to keep on with my weight loss and to change my eating habits -is I have to do it for me alone...no one else.

Do you find eating a healthy diet can prove quite expensive ? if so does this put you off trying ? No, it is not expensive at all....and I eat a lot of those Healthy Choice meals and Lean Cuisine meals. I hardly ever eat what I fix my family for dinner. IF I am craving what I fix them then I will take a one teaspoon bite and that is it.

Do you normally try to do some exercise whilst changing your eating habits for quicker weight loss results ? Absolutely, to even loose one pound you have to burn 3,000 calories off.

Do you find your skin, hair and other areas of your body and health improve when you change your eating habits ? My skin has changed for the better. My hair is softer....and my over all health is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Eating Questionaire   Healthy Eating Questionaire Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:07 pm

thanks for sharing ladies, some great ideas for inspiration here already :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Eating Questionaire   Healthy Eating Questionaire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Healthy Eating Questionaire
Page 1 of 1