Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Legal Drinking

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Legal Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Legal Drinking   Legal Drinking Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:16 pm

What is the legal drinking age in the US and do you believe the limit is correct ?

Here in the UK its 18 yrs old which is about right considering kids are being caught with drink from about the age of 11 upwards, its crazy xxx
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk

Legal Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legal Drinking   Legal Drinking Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 4:49 pm

It's 21 in the US isn't it? It's 18 here, but there's a confusing system of if you look under 25 you'll be asked for ID. I don't really understand this. I think 18 is right, not that it stops kids drinking here earlier, but lowering it to 16 would just make matters worse. I think a lot of thinks here are around 18 now. When you turn 18 you become an adult so that's when you should be able to decide if you want to drink and smoke and all of that. Is smoking 18 now?
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Legal Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legal Drinking   Legal Drinking Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 6:55 pm

not that im aware of steven, but there again i dont follow the news so who knows ? xxx
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk
justbill

justbill

Legal Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legal Drinking   Legal Drinking Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 11:24 am

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Before 1984, each state set their own drinking age, typically 18 or 21. In 1984, the federal government denied certain funds to states allowing drinking under 21. They always cave in when it comes to money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Legal Drinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legal Drinking   Legal Drinking Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Legal Drinking
Page 1 of 1