Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you a homophobe?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Are you a homophobe?  Empty
PostSubject: Are you a homophobe?    Are you a homophobe?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:49 pm

What are your thoughts on homophobia?
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk
justbill

justbill

PostSubject: Re: Are you a homophobe?    Are you a homophobe?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 8:27 am

I couldn't care less. I've had a couple of gay friends who were so cool to hang with. The only problem I encountered was jealousy, of course, I run into that with hetero couples as well. I just like to be friendly, and sometimes it gets taken wrong. My gay friends knew what I am, I knew what they were, so we had no wall to work around.
Back to top Go down
justbill

justbill

PostSubject: Re: Are you a homophobe?    Are you a homophobe?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 10:54 am

I want to show this video to all of the members here. The U.S. is very uptight about certain subjects. This is one of them. This short film was obviously made in the 1960's. I suppose they thought they were being nice by saying the man had a "sickness". It's going to take a while for the newer generations to overpass the older so this kind of "educating" is history.

Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Are you a homophobe?    Are you a homophobe?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 3:20 pm

omg bill, thank god we have come as far as we have compared to that video, although i guess they were being as polite as they could be and still trying to get there message across.

What really gets to me is people and family members who turn their back on people once they realise they are homosexual, a persons personality, love and whole being doesnt change just by coming out, what gives with that ?
Back to top Go down
justbill

justbill

PostSubject: Re: Are you a homophobe?    Are you a homophobe?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 4:29 pm

For the life of me I don't know Wen. Especially when it's a close family member that gets shuned, that's sad. A big part of it is personal image. Families think it is embarrassing to the family image, men think it hurts their image to be friends with a gay man. I'm sure this is part of it.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Are you a homophobe?    Are you a homophobe?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 12:08 pm

I get that un knowing famillies or those that choose to turn a blind eye to the obvious may be upset or hurt by a family member coming out as lets face it, we all want the best for our kids.

That sense of normality where girl meets boy, they fall in love, get married and have grandkids and live happily ever after is crushed and they worry about the stigma that will come from it, yes i get that.

But surely we can sit down and weigh up the pros and cons and at least be honest about our feelings, then come back to reality and realise we only want the best for our kids.

If that means sharing their life with a same sex partner then so be it, how can we want our kids to be happy if they cant be who they are ? xxx

Back to top Go down
mrshopkins1973

mrshopkins1973

PostSubject: Re: Are you a homophobe?    Are you a homophobe?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:33 am

My mom always says homophobes are just unsure of their own sexuality and fear=hatred leads back to fear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you a homophobe?    Are you a homophobe?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you a homophobe?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Debate Section :: General Debate Topics-
Jump to: