Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

home made air freshners

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

home made air freshners Empty
PostSubject: home made air freshners   home made air freshners Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 1:24 am

Here are some homemade air fresheners using ingredients you probably already have:

"Citrus" Air Freshener
Peels of lemon, orange, lime, tangerine or grapefruit
1 pot of water
Put slices of citrus fruit peel into the pot of water. Let simmer gently for an hour or so for a citrus scent.

"Baked Goodness" Air Freshener
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg or a few cloves
1 pot of water
Let simmer gently for an hour or so for a fresh baking scent.

"Easy as Apple Pie" Air Freshener
Simmer a sliced apple and a couple of cinnamon sticks in some water on your stove. The whole house will smell like apple pie
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: home made air freshners   home made air freshners Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 1:26 am

Wow! Good ones Wen...def gonna try the vanilla one!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: home made air freshners   home made air freshners Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 1:45 am

Great ideas!
Not sure if I shared here earlier, but I mix fabric softener, bit of alcohol and water in spray bottle, it is like a homemade version of Febreeze. Great for fabrics, but dont spray on or toward tile or vinyl floors unless you want an indoor slippy slide.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: home made air freshners   home made air freshners Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 8:44 pm

is that rubbing alcohol maddie, i see alcohol being used for many things these days but ive never seen it anywhere near me, so what exactly am i looking for hun ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: home made air freshners   home made air freshners Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 9:54 pm

yes, rubbing alcohol is what I use. Doesnt matter the strength, it just helps evaporation.
Vodka is used by others in place of the rubbing alcohol. I think its vodka, its the booze that has no smell LOL.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: home made air freshners   home made air freshners Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:28 pm

yep thats vodka, the nector of the gods for my gullet lol , i may be able to spare a couple of capfuls to try this hun , thankyou Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: home made air freshners   home made air freshners Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

home made air freshners
Page 1 of 1