Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Home Made Remedies For Hair

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Home Made Remedies For Hair Empty
PostSubject: Home Made Remedies For Hair   Home Made Remedies For Hair Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 7:40 pm

Share any home made remedies or recipees that you would reccomend with us here.
share the recipe and explain how and why it works for your hair type.
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Remedies For Hair   Home Made Remedies For Hair Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 8:09 am

Although I could never use this as I have oily hair, I have heard many people swear by using mayonaise on their hair to make it smooth and shiny. I believe its the egg in the mayonaise, and would think that using raw egg would be just as effective if not more so.

Directions For Trying:
Apply a liberal coating of mayonnaise on your hair and ensure that every strand is covered from the root to the tips.
Let it stay on your hair for a good half hour, after which you can rinse it off with shampoo.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Remedies For Hair   Home Made Remedies For Hair Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:28 pm

I have heard of this also missy though ive never tried it myself, great tip hun x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Remedies For Hair   Home Made Remedies For Hair Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:54 am

A teaspoon of olive oil and a towel wrapped tightly for at least fifteen minutes followed by a shampoo does wonders for hair. Also, a cool rinse with 1:1 vinegar followed by a thorough rinse is fantastic too. I am on a journey of growing out my hair for the first time ever so am all into hair care. For a leave in conditioner you can mix a teaspoon of your regular conditioner in a spray bottle filled with water and shaken (not stirred) to spritz on hair, works great and much cheaper than the hyped leave in conditioners marketed. I have also added a teeny tiny dollop of glycerin into that mixture. Glycerin is a natural humectant which means it pulls moisture out of the air, and in this case onto the hair. Careful though, just a teeny tiny amount or you will look greasy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Remedies For Hair   Home Made Remedies For Hair Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 5:47 pm

Maddie, is it White Vinegar or Apple Cidar vinegar?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Remedies For Hair   Home Made Remedies For Hair Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:35 pm

I am so sorry, it is the white vinegar. Some pro's will say either, but my opinion is that the white works far better.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Remedies For Hair   Home Made Remedies For Hair Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 9:11 am

maddie, are your tips for dry hair hun ?
im just wondering because of all the oil products you are suggesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Remedies For Hair   Home Made Remedies For Hair Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 3:47 pm

Oh, yes the olive oil treatment is for dry hair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Remedies For Hair   Home Made Remedies For Hair Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 7:48 pm

Olive Oil does work awesome for dry hair, I have tried it. However, it took a few washings for me to completely get it rinsed from my hair. I must have put to much..lol I have also tried putting in my regular conditioner..alot of it and wrapping my hair in a towel and leaving it that way for about three hours and that worked really well! The towel keeps all the heat from your body trapped in to help the process along and it really does work well. I do it at least once a month.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Remedies For Hair   Home Made Remedies For Hair Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 6:29 pm

Maddie, thanks for getting back to me. :)
I am excited to try the vinegar. I might try it tonight actually. Once T.A. gets home tonight and I can relax (little bit of me time, LOL)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Remedies For Hair   Home Made Remedies For Hair Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 6:58 pm

Missy...it's about flippen time you make time for some YOU TIME!!!! :D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Remedies For Hair   Home Made Remedies For Hair Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:15 am

Isn't it though??? grrrrr
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Remedies For Hair   Home Made Remedies For Hair Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:21 pm

Drats, some how I missed your post, hope you made the time for yourself and with great results for your hair :o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Remedies For Hair   Home Made Remedies For Hair Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Home Made Remedies For Hair
Page 1 of 1