Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Civilian Street Patrols

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
justbill

justbill

Civilian Street Patrols Empty
PostSubject: Civilian Street Patrols   Civilian Street Patrols Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 12:13 pm

The Guardian Angels

This is an organization I belong to. A lot of people don't agree that we should exist, and that what we do is wrong. We bring comfort to many people living in crime ridden areas. What is your opinion? Please be honest, that's the only way we learn, and I'm a big boy, I can take criticism. :)

Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Civilian Street Patrols   Civilian Street Patrols Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 1:48 pm

Are you informed by the police as to the crimes in that area at the time bill ?
Im trying to work out how each case is brought to your attention.

How do the police feel about your intervention, is it appreciated and excepted by them?

I think its a brave and bold thing to do and we could do with a lot more help on our streets, however i cant help but be concerned about the saftey of the angels , how many are hurt or even killed during service ?

I wonder if the angels and our Hobby Bobbies are a similar thing ?

Lordy so many questions, great video by the way, it really does explain the role of the angels, thanks for sharing  xxx
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk
justbill

justbill

PostSubject: Re: Civilian Street Patrols   Civilian Street Patrols Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 2:29 pm

The Angels do regular patrols to be a presence on the streets. On special incidents, they're informed of certain things by police and people in the neighborhood. Our chapter helped the police one week by NOT patrolling. They had a series of breakins, and knew who was doing it. The police knew if we were on the streets, this guy wouldn't break in to any stores. Either we would be close by, or at least see him on the street and prove he was in the area, something he didn't want or need.

Some officers don't appreciate us being around because it gives the aura of them not being able to do the job, so we have to step in. That's not the case at all. Every police dept. needs and deserves the help of the citizens, if only to be extra eyes and ears. They also need people who will go to court with them and help with prosecution, which most people will not do. In that case, the criminal to often gets away with it.

There have been Angels killed. Typically, it's been gang members who see them as threats.

From what I read, A hobby Bobby seems to be in a different situation, more directly involved with the police. The Angels aren't affiliated with the police at all. We just operate within the legal rights that all citizens have, one being the right to make citizens arrests, which is very misunderstood here.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Civilian Street Patrols   Civilian Street Patrols Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 2:55 pm

A very interesting and enlightening worthwhile project, i approve hun xxx
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Civilian Street Patrols   Civilian Street Patrols Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Civilian Street Patrols
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Debate Section :: World News And Events-
Jump to: