Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

What gets you through ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin

PostSubject: What gets you through ?   Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:30 am

In times of trouble and despair, what helps get you through the long dark days ?

Admin

PostSubject: Re: What gets you through ?   Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:13 am

Lordy those days can seem so long sometimes and like most humans i have been guilty of wallowing in self pity from time to time but i find myself hearing myself, after giving the same advice to others over the years its finally dawned on me that my words were truer than i ever imagined id have to admit.

I think once someone has been through a loss or a trauma of some description, it allows us to take stock of what is really important, what we need , or want and what we can do without.

I never dreampt i could find peace in poverty (so to speak ) after the loss of my son, a kind of serene calm and understanding has enveloped me and i have learned to embrace and enjoy the challange of how to cope and ways to do things i never imaged id find magic in.

All the dispairing in the world wont make us any better off, it wont mend my broken heart or put food on my table, so i have my bit thang as i call it, my moment of weakness then i brush myself off and put on determination and move forward again.

I used to say to people who were at a loss in life, who felt things couldnt get any worse and they had become worthless that they needed to sit back and think about how lucky they actually were.
How rich they were, not in a matrial sense but in the sense that they still had loving caring families around them, they had there health and their love, all the things that money couldnt buy, and lets face it, not everyone has that so that makes them one of the richest people i know in my book.
This used to bring tears, smiles and plenty of hugs but most of all a sense of relief and understanding, and until i lost my son, i never really knew the true meaning of my own words, i had to feel it first.

So now when im down and desperate, i think of my family first, imagining how they cope and get by day to day, then i think about how i found my truest friends after mark, how strange it was that things had turned full circle and brought old friends back into my life who have been a true rock for us.
In spite of everything weve been through, i still have so much to be greatful for and it keeps me going, knowing that i can be there for them too.
I love my family and friends with a passion xxx

What gets you through ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Inspiration Forum :: The Grieving Process-
Jump to: