Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chore Chart Cards

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Chore Chart Cards Empty
PostSubject: Chore Chart Cards   Chore Chart Cards Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 2:11 am

This is a brilliant idea to get your rug rats to start helping out around the house from an early age that is both fun and rewarding, check it out .

I’d like to introduce a new idea to help organize your home: the Interactive Kid’s Chore Chart!

Chore Chart Cards Img_0310
Directions for Use:

Put the assigned Monday – Friday task cards in the 2nd – 6th slots. When a task is completed, your child can turn the card backwards and place behind the remaining task cards for the day. (I used one color for each day just to try and keep things straight)

At the end of the day, look to see which tasks are completed and switch them out with reward tickets. At the end of the day or week, allow your child to spend his tickets on items in a small prize box (gum, candy, erasers, pencils, 5 Minutes iphone time etc). Instead of a prize box, you could also choose to let your kids exchange their tickets for money, we pay $0.25/ticket. This way they can save their money for something they want to buy, we also encourage them to tithe and save some of that as well.

If your child completes all the assigned tasks in a day, they receive a sticker on the reward card in the 7th slot. Once that reward card is full, they can exchange it for something more special like larger prize box, I use things like mini-Lego sets, Pet-Shop’s, Polly Pockets, computer time, TV time, Wii Time etc. Really the prizes are up to you.

read more
here
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Chore Chart Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chore Chart Cards   Chore Chart Cards Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:24 am

does anyone here get their kids involved with chores ?

mine always had chores from being about 5 yrs old, before that they learned to put their toys away when they were finished playing.

I would give my kids pocket money at the end of the week for their chores, it was a set amount each week, not priced by chore as i thought that may encourage greed .

I never bought my kids sweets unless it was a special occasion but they could spend half the money on sweets if they liked and save the other half towards buying something they wanted.

I was brought up on the same principle and i believe its a good way to teach kids that you dont get nothing for nothing and it gives them a sense of pride and achievement to know they have earned their own money by helping mam :) x
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk

Chore Chart Cards
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: House and Home :: Home Organization-
Jump to: