Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Foundation Or Concealer First ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Foundation Or Concealer First ? Empty
PostSubject: Foundation Or Concealer First ?    Foundation Or Concealer First ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:38 am

Which way works best for you,
to add your concealer before you apply your foundation or afterwards and why ?.
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Foundation Or Concealer First ?    Foundation Or Concealer First ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:39 am

I
always, always added my concealer first and then added my foundation
over the top, but through experience i have come to realise that for me
at least, it depends on the texture of the concealer as to which way i
apply them now.

When i use cream base concealers, im more than
happy to apply the concealer first and then the foundation as the
concealer doesnt move.

However i had a change recently to a
liquid concealer and although i love it, i have found it works best
applied after the foundation as sometimes it seems to get lost in the
foundation.

I guess it depends on your skin type and what it is
you are trying to conceal, for me i have very dark under eye circles,
but over this past year i have learned to cover them to almost a
flawless finish, i call it my make up surgery lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foundation Or Concealer First ?    Foundation Or Concealer First ? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 4:08 am

Most often for me it depends where I am adding the concealer. If it is under my eyes I do it after foundation. But when I am covering up freckles or blemishes I apply it before foundation. Using concealer is a new thing for me, and wow is there a lot to learn. Pat pat pat, brush the edges to a seamless finish, whew it all does my head in.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Foundation Or Concealer First ?    Foundation Or Concealer First ? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:17 am

Its all trial and error hun, just until you find something that works for you.
Best foot forward and all that Wink x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foundation Or Concealer First ?    Foundation Or Concealer First ? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 5:41 am

You are so right! But I watch these vids on youtube and they all make it seem so effortless. I'm like what the heck, that doesnt work out when I try it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foundation Or Concealer First ?    Foundation Or Concealer First ? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 5:47 am

I personally put on my tinted moisturizer, then add my concealer and then set everything with my foundation pressed powder.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Foundation Or Concealer First ?    Foundation Or Concealer First ? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:55 pm

BluegrassMaddie wrote:
You are so right! But I watch these vids on youtube and they all make it seem so effortless. I'm like what the heck, that doesnt work out when I try it.

i feel like that when i watch the make up tutorials, mine never looks the same but i have fun trying even though it can be frustrating at times :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Foundation Or Concealer First ?    Foundation Or Concealer First ? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:03 pm

I dont use a powder foundation simply because i find that powder tends to sit on my skin other than blend in, it could be that ive noticed that sometimes my pores appear bigger from time to time (trials of stress and age ).

I do use a powder blush but sparingly and i use a translucent powder just to set my brow to prevent oil, that seems to work well .
Im seriously thinking of just sticking with creme blush and setting it with powder, il see what kinda nick my skins in come the spring Wink

Its funny how quickly our skin can change with the season and the seasons of time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foundation Or Concealer First ?    Foundation Or Concealer First ? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 6:52 pm

I love reading what others do as their routine. Boy is it ever surprising how skin changes with the seasons. I am not sure whose skin I have this winter but they can have it back! Whew! My mother is 81 years old and I have more wrinkles and sags than she does! I saw an advert for a comedy show Hot In Cleveland.... the ladies are have an at home spa day. One of the says they are raging war against time. The eldest lady played by Betty White says something like "girls put down the weapons, the war is over". It made me laugh right out loud! We will never give up the fight!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foundation Or Concealer First ?    Foundation Or Concealer First ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foundation Or Concealer First ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Beauty Chat-
Jump to: