Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Discuss your childs sleeping habits

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Discuss your childs sleeping habits Empty
PostSubject: Discuss your childs sleeping habits   Discuss your childs sleeping habits Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:26 am

Does your child sleep right through, or are they a nightmare to get to bbed and settle down.

share their habbits with us and lets see if we cant help each other out with some home grown advice, so feel free to start new topics on the different aspects of your bed time routines x
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your childs sleeping habits   Discuss your childs sleeping habits Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 7:51 am

Timmy and Hayley went thru their first 18 months of life, possibly a little longer with no sleeping routine at all. We co slept from the time we brought them home from the hospital, and even though we have a king size bed, as they grew the bed space kept getting smaller and smaller. Not to mention that during the daytime they would hardly ever take a nap until later in the evenings and then they would fall asleep pretty much anywhere they choose to do so and slept for hours and then wouldn't go to bed at a decent hour when it became bedtime. It was really taking a toll on me and Mark both physically, emotionally, it was beginning to even affect our relationship because we literally had no time alone because both kids would be there. About four months or so before their second birthday, their grandma bought them their very own toddler beds and I made a promise to myself that no matter how hard it was for me and for them that I was going to get them on a schedule if it killed me.

The first night of them sleeping in their own beds was the hardest. I woke up a million times that night and just stood by their door praying they would wake up and see me and want to come back to bed with me. For them, they did cry and fight a few times before actually falling asleep that night but it suprised me that they didnt protest it anymore than what they did. They ended up sleeping in their own beds until about 3 am that night then they wanted in bed with us. The second night was easier on me, although still hard. The kids made it until about 4am before wanting in bed with us. The third night was a piece of cake for me...lol...by this time I was enjoying being able to have lots of room in our bed again and not getting kicked in the face every half hour..lol. And believe it or not they slept the entire night the third night in their beds....been doing it ever since.

We also have them on a bedtime now....they go to bed at 9:30pm every night except Friday nights and that is their "special" nights where they get to choose what they want to eat for dinner and they get to stay up until 10pm.

They also have a set nap time every single day. They take naps at 2pm everyday no excuses! Believe me, life is alot sweeter now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your childs sleeping habits   Discuss your childs sleeping habits Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:02 pm

My kids thrive off bedtimes and routines. Plus, it give mom and dad alone time during the evening.

When my kids were little birth-about 3 years old. I would have them in bed by 7:30pm. We adjusted their bedtimes as they got older. I even think now...because we have them on a routine...they all take naps....granted not all the time...but all of them know when they are tired to go and lay down and take a nap.

My oldest bedtime who will be 14 soon is 9:30 on week nights and 10:30 on weekends.
The same with my daughter Aimee who is 12. 9:30 on week nights and 10:30 on weekends. However, she usually goes to bed 30 minutes earlier than that....on her own.

My 10 year olds bedtime is 8:30. On weekends it is 10:30.

My 6 year olds bedtime is 8:00 on weekdays and 10:30 on weekends.

My oldest two get up at 5 am on weekends and usually sleep to 7 am on weekends.
My younger two get up between 7 and 7:30 on week days and about the same time on the weekends as well...sometimes they will sleep until 8 or so.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your childs sleeping habits   Discuss your childs sleeping habits Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 7:43 pm

Suprina...I love your blogs girl...put both of them in my favs!!
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your childs sleeping habits   Discuss your childs sleeping habits Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:47 pm

you beat me to it vivi, they are both really good, thanks for sharing suprina x

As for sleeping habits, my 3 always had bed times, mine were similar to suprinas kids routine.
Even at 16 and shauni staying on for a year, she was in bed by 11pm, not that she slept much as shes a night owl like her mam, but the principle idea was kept.

I think all parents deserve some together or "me" time, and the kids need their sleep to learn and develope in to wonderful and bright young people.

We all need some form of dicipline and guidance, its what teaches us respect, time keeping and ultimately right from wrong, we must remember as the song says, "the children are our future " Wink x
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discuss your childs sleeping habits   Discuss your childs sleeping habits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discuss your childs sleeping habits
Page 1 of 1