Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sanitize the Microwave

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Sanitize the Microwave Empty
PostSubject: Sanitize the Microwave   Sanitize the Microwave Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:35 pm

The lingering smell of popcorn, pizza and whatever you might have heated up recently can overwhelm a microwave. Edelman’s advice is to cut a whole lemon into super-thin slices and put the pieces in a microwavable bowl. Fill the bowl with hot water, place in the microwave and cook on high for one minute. The citric acid’s antibacterial properties will kill bacteria while the heat works like a humidifier to loosen icky, caked-on food. Afterward, wipe the oven with a damp cloth.

source
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Sanitize the Microwave   Sanitize the Microwave Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 12:19 am

HELP me please. I made the mistake of cleaning out the microwave with a lavender scented product... now it smells just like the cleaner, what was I thinking. I sliced the lemon and put it in water and have boiled it several times the smell is still there.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Sanitize the Microwave   Sanitize the Microwave Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:01 am

ok try this hun,
get some bicarbonate of soda, put a couple of spoon fulls in a cup or dish with no water and leave it over night in the microwave.

It wouldnt hurt to leave the whole container open in there, its still usable afterwards hun Wink

let me know if it works for you. x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sanitize the Microwave   Sanitize the Microwave Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 1:14 pm

It worked. Opened the microwave first thing this morning and TADA no lavender scent at all. Thank you so much xoxo
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Sanitize the Microwave   Sanitize the Microwave Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 1:31 pm

Winner :D lol, glad it worked for ya hun xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sanitize the Microwave   Sanitize the Microwave Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sanitize the Microwave
Page 1 of 1