Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

Yellow Root Tea- Stomach Issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Yellow Root Tea- Stomach Issues   Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:10 am

My dad (being a country old timer) uses a lot of self made remedies. One of those is Yellow Root Tea. He uses this tea to treat stomach issues like diarrehea, vomitting, and upset stomach. This is a very nasty tasting concoction but it has worked for me since I was young. All of us kids call Dad whenever we have a stomach virus and to the kitchen he goes. Dad digs his own yellow root, so I am not sure where you can obtain this...

Dad dries the yellow root and cleans it and keeps it in a dark place until needed for later use. To make the tea he takes a 3 to 5 inch piece of the root and puts in a saucepan with water. He then boils the root for about 30 minutes. He removes the root and you drink the tea left over in the pan.

I let mine cool and drink it that way, but no matter hot or cold, it is very bitter and nasty, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Root Tea- Stomach Issues   Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:13 am

Admin wrote:
nothing that is good for you tastes good hun, so if it works, id say good ole dad :) xxx

Then this is the best thing out there...if we are comparing with nasty taste. My sister and I tease saying if the tast doesn't kill you, you will feel like a million bucks in no time, lol.
Back to top Go down

Yellow Root Tea- Stomach Issues
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1