Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

God Parents

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

God Parents Empty
PostSubject: God Parents    God Parents Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 10:03 pm

Are you a god parent and do you take the role seriously ?

Last edited by Admin Wendy on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

God Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: God Parents    God Parents Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 7:40 pm

I am a god parent and when my godson was little i had him a lot, never forgot to celebrate his christening day with a small gift as well as the other holidays.

He's your typical 12 yr old now, out and about all the time, into scooters and bikes and skate boards, we hardly see him any more, but he knows where to come if he needs anything or something fixed, straight to his uncle bill lol.
Love you Joe xxx
Back to top Go down

God Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: God Parents    God Parents Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 4:06 pm

I like the idea of a God Parent, but without the God part. That's just me being not religious in the slightest though, is there an equivalent? Like a guardian or something like that. I'd like alternative ceremonies for things, but not TOO alternative.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

God Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: God Parents    God Parents Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:17 am

theres food for thought steven,
i know that to get your child dhristened in church that the god parents have to be christened too or they cant be god parents.

I wonder if there is an alternative way other than via the church, would be interesting to find out xxx
Back to top Go down
justbill

justbill

God Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: God Parents    God Parents Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 1:21 pm

A "god" parent can be anyone. All you need is for them to agree, although there is no legal binding or responsibility, at least in the U.S. Yeah, I've always thought the title god parent was a bit onesided. God parenting is an idea started by religious people to make sure their children followed in their parents religious beliefs. I look at it as someone to make sure my child is taken care of. How about the title "Chosen Parent"? Throw some more ideas out here, maybe we'll start a new movement. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

God Parents Empty
PostSubject: Re: God Parents    God Parents Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

God Parents
Page 1 of 1