Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To legalise gay marriage, we need to ban the words 'mother' and 'father

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

To legalise gay marriage, we need to ban the words 'mother' and 'father    Empty
PostSubject: To legalise gay marriage, we need to ban the words 'mother' and 'father    To legalise gay marriage, we need to ban the words 'mother' and 'father    Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 2:09 am

France is set to ban the words "mother" and "father" from all official documents under controversial plans to legalise gay marriage.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9563543/France-set-to-ban-the-words-mother-and-father-from-official-documents.html

President Francois Hollande pledged in his manifesto to legalise gay marriage. The draft law will be presented to his cabinet for approval on October 31.

Source

Is this really neccessary and do you think it will help solve the issue ?
share your views xxx
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

To legalise gay marriage, we need to ban the words 'mother' and 'father    Empty
PostSubject: Re: To legalise gay marriage, we need to ban the words 'mother' and 'father    To legalise gay marriage, we need to ban the words 'mother' and 'father    Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:47 pm

Is there really any harm in having two dads just because they are partners ?

A lot of kids these days have two dads, the one they live with and perhaps a step dad or estranged parent.

Is it really neccessary to change the titles just to legalise gay marriage ?

Once its legalised kids will be much more aware about same sex partnerships and marriages and will have to learn to except it the same as everyone else, so why make it any harder by changing things unneccessarily ?

What are your thoughts on this topic ?
Back to top Go down
justbill

justbill

PostSubject: Re: To legalise gay marriage, we need to ban the words 'mother' and 'father    To legalise gay marriage, we need to ban the words 'mother' and 'father    Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 7:42 pm

I don't understand all of the "legal" document aspects involved, especially in France. All they need to do is, as of a certain date, have blank spaces in the appropriate areas so husband & husband, wife & wife can be added. Some couples may want to designate man & wife. In that case, write in: wife - male, husband - female. I hope this isn't too confusing. Blank spaces are our friends. :)
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: To legalise gay marriage, we need to ban the words 'mother' and 'father    To legalise gay marriage, we need to ban the words 'mother' and 'father    Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 8:38 pm

That works for me bill, makes sense xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To legalise gay marriage, we need to ban the words 'mother' and 'father    To legalise gay marriage, we need to ban the words 'mother' and 'father    Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 3:05 pm

I dont think the titles should be changed no, but this is about on paper and not replacing the titles in general so I dont see why theres an outrage. I think 'parents' would cover it and a lot of people use that rather than mother and father anyway. I do think what you said Bill makes perfect sense and would clarify the situation as there are many different family situations.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: To legalise gay marriage, we need to ban the words 'mother' and 'father    To legalise gay marriage, we need to ban the words 'mother' and 'father    Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:54 pm

here here steven xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To legalise gay marriage, we need to ban the words 'mother' and 'father    To legalise gay marriage, we need to ban the words 'mother' and 'father    Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To legalise gay marriage, we need to ban the words 'mother' and 'father
Page 1 of 1