Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Questions Here

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Questions Here Empty
PostSubject: Questions Here   Questions Here Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 8:48 pm

If you have any questions on this topic that is not covered in the forum, please feel free to leave your questions here and wel do our best to get bsck to you with an answer.
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk

Questions Here Empty
PostSubject: Biting...   Questions Here Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 8:13 am

My daughter is 17 months old and she is going thru a biting phase. I have tried everything I can think of to get her to stop...nothing! She is biting me numerous times a day and bit another child during a playdate.
I have had numerous people tell me to bite her back and when she see that it hurts, she will stop. I tried it...didn't work! She cried for a second, bit me again, and giggled! Grr....
Desperate mom here hoping someone has a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Questions Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions Here   Questions Here Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:24 am

The biting stage can be very trying hun, i know i went through it three times with mine :shock:
the old sayings are true hun, perseverance with this one, the biting back does work.
The trick is to stand firm and let them know its naughty and that it hurts and if they do it to you you will do it back twice as hard.

Dont let them see you laughing as this will only encourage them, stand firm and put on your gruff mammy dicipline voice and remain adament, eventually they will give in and come looking for sympathy, dont give in, hold them away and let them know how naughty it is for a few minutes.

When you do except them for a cuddle tell them that its wrong to hurt mammy or whoever and that its much nicer to be mammys good girl instead of her naughty girl ect.

I bet i sound like a right old nasty eh lol, but hey it worked for mine and all my nephews, nieces and any other kids that have come into our lives xxx

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Questions Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions Here   Questions Here Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 5:46 pm

Thanks, Wendy. I have been trying the stern approach, and I am starting to see a slight change. She is doing much better now. I have noticed if I say it in a certain tone and say particular words it works best. Its kinda silly but if I say in that certain tone "No! Uh Uh". It works, lol....
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Questions Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions Here   Questions Here Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 9:07 am

good on ya hun, glad to hear chloe is doing much better with this , pat on the back for mam :D
Back to top Go down

Questions Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions Here   Questions Here Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 6:33 pm

Well, she bit the fire outta me just the next day after I wrote back to you...and she tried to bite her Dad yesterday, lol. I am not giving up...HAHA
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Questions Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions Here   Questions Here Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:01 pm

oh lordy, get those marching boots back on hun
dont give up, best boot forward :lol: x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Questions Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions Here   Questions Here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions Here
Page 1 of 1