Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lip plumper: Too Faced from Sephora: Lip Injection Extreme

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Darling

Darling

Lip plumper: Too Faced from Sephora: Lip Injection Extreme Empty
PostSubject: Lip plumper: Too Faced from Sephora: Lip Injection Extreme   Lip plumper: Too Faced from Sephora: Lip Injection Extreme Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 3:40 pm

Hello everyone !

I wanted to share with you my point of view regarding this product I recently bought: Lip Injection Extreme from Too Faced (one of the brands sold by Sephora).

After years I have seen it at Sephora, restraining myself from buying it because of the price and the fact that other plumper I tried didn't work at all I finally decided to spend 25 euros and give a it a shot.

For those who did not try or don't know this category of products I will give short description:
A lip plumper is used to of course to augment the volume of the lips with external applications of substances that cause a swelling of the mucosa. It can be found usually in form of a lipstick or a lipgloss. Most of those offered on the marked use the principle of causing an allergic reaction with consequential inflamation that will perhaps give to the lips a red and subtly swollen look. Other claims that the content of collagen fill the mucosa which I will research on because I find difficult to believe that a synthesis of collagen can be absorbed and used successfully from body cells if applied topically (this are cosmetics. to preserve an organic molecule and break it down in a form that can be of any use may be true for medications might be science-fiction on a cosmetic). Other claim to contain other substances that will fill the lips with particles that absorb the water and therefore plump the lips.. I still have doubt regarding how true that can be.
So that's basically it about lip plumpers.

Many users online reviewing this products lamented acute dryness after prolonged used and my mother, who's a doctor, immediately told me the obvious. If the lips suffer of an inflammation at every use it means that you are stressing your lips.. how good on a long term can that be? I finally got rid of it.

So REVIEW ON LIP INJECTION EXTREME FROM TOO FACED (SEPHORA)

This is my personal experience:

Price: I don't know in the UK but in italy is 25 euros the small box.

I found the packaging really cute in every details, it's really captivating.

The applicator is made as a small rectangular brush: very hard of a synthetic material.

The consistence is the one of a very tick gloss, a bit sticky too.. it is transparent but it seems to sparkle from the container, even though once applied you wont see any sparkle but probably, even if invisible on a first look, this helps to capture light in some sort of way so to create an optical effect that will flatter lip's volume.

The smell don't match my taste: It smell like some sort of candy but not necessarily a nice type..it remembers me of those gloss for 13 years old girls, usually sold with teenage magazine.

Application-

Since the first time I applied in about 30 second my lips started to tickle an then slightly burn (as if I ate some pepper ill ) then they would turn very red. The Kiss- hug My boyfriend kissed me about that time ( exactly after the very few first second it started to burn) so I transferred some of it on him and since he's skin is very pale he's lips and the skin of the contour turned cherry red!! Like a medusa attack he described eheh Rolling Eyes

This whole effect, the burning and the redness vanish after about 10 to 15 minutes..

I could see a slight volume augmentation but nothing worth since as I said, it last very briefly..(probably the augmentation in volume up to less then an hour...)

After a week of application as the box prescribe to (before bed time and at the mourning on clean and dry lips) I noticed a dryness and 4 days as passed since the last use and I can finally say that my lips restarted to hydrate themselves a bit.
Really unpleasant side effect.. I cannot imagine if applied on already dry lips what would be.. ( like during winter..)

That's my review, I would definitely say that I don't like this product and I will not use it again. It's expensive, irritating, drying for the lips (eww..) and the consistence, the smell, the way is sticky.. really not worth 25 euros... I would suggest to any of my friend to try something else or buy a treat like my favourite lipgloss Dior Addict Lip Polish. No irritation and he lips looks smooth (no fine lines) hydrated and kissable. No plumping but a very good cosmetic thumbs up

Did you have any experience with this product or other ?

Love to all!

Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Lip plumper: Too Faced from Sephora: Lip Injection Extreme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip plumper: Too Faced from Sephora: Lip Injection Extreme   Lip plumper: Too Faced from Sephora: Lip Injection Extreme Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 11:26 pm

i havent tried anything like this myself so i cant really comment, however it would be interesting to hear from any of our members who may have tried this or something similar x
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk

Lip plumper: Too Faced from Sephora: Lip Injection Extreme
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: LipSticks-
Jump to: