Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Competitive Beauty Pageant Prompts Mom to Use Botox on Her Daughter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

Competitive Beauty Pageant Prompts Mom to Use Botox on Her Daughter  Empty
PostSubject: Competitive Beauty Pageant Prompts Mom to Use Botox on Her Daughter    Competitive Beauty Pageant Prompts Mom to Use Botox on Her Daughter  Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 1:34 am

I thought I’ve heard everything, but this is so over the top, it left me flabbergasted.

A San Francisco mother, named Kerry injects her 8 year-old daughter Britney with Botox to minimize her “wrinkles”.

Yes, you read it right - 8 years old! And why? In the cut-throat world of children beauty pageants, the Botox ridding her “wrinkles” gives her a competitive edge. What wrinkles in an 8-year-old, I ask? She will certainly have wrinkles now cringing from the pain of injections.

The mom’s defense was everyone’s doing it. She’s not the one only. Apparently, it’s a pageant secret used by many pageant moms. If this wasn’t so tragic, I would snicker with the proverbial response, “If everyone jumped off the cliff, would you follow them?” But then, she probably would.

Brittany asked for the Botox, Kerry says. And why would you want your child to be in beauty pageants that make an 8-year-old feel the need for Botox? I’d grab my daughter, hightail out of that scene, and report them to the authorities rather than join the practice.

The fact that Kerry openly told ABC Good Morning America that she injects her daughter with Botox indicates she sees nothing wrong here. Contrary to what medical experts say, she insists there are no risks involved with Botox when there are known risks even for adults. She argues that she sees no damaging psychological effects on her daughter, that she’s normal and happy.

I don’t know about her daughter, but I doubt I would be happy if I have several needle injections prick sensitive areas of my face, then have to parade around in front of people to have them judge me on every little flaw of my appearance.

There are just too many senseless questions that beg to be asked here. Why do we even have beauty pageants for kids? Why would moms want their daughters in a beauty pageant? Whatever happened to girls joining Girl Scouts and Campfire Girls? And why, for heaven’s sake, are we in such to hurry for our little girls to grow up out of the innocence of childhood to have adult concerns for wrinkles, and leg waxing?

walnut.patch.com
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

PostSubject: Re: Competitive Beauty Pageant Prompts Mom to Use Botox on Her Daughter    Competitive Beauty Pageant Prompts Mom to Use Botox on Her Daughter  Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 1:36 am

what do you guys make of this ?
im totally horrified and at a loss to this womens commen sense.x
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Competitive Beauty Pageant Prompts Mom to Use Botox on Her Daughter    Competitive Beauty Pageant Prompts Mom to Use Botox on Her Daughter  Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 5:24 am

I saw this and omg this woman has lost her mind! Seriously I think CPU should do something about this, at least keep an eye on her. It is hard to tell what else she is doing to that poor little girl. People like this make me sick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Competitive Beauty Pageant Prompts Mom to Use Botox on Her Daughter    Competitive Beauty Pageant Prompts Mom to Use Botox on Her Daughter  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Competitive Beauty Pageant Prompts Mom to Use Botox on Her Daughter
Page 1 of 1