Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you looking for a place to unwind whilst taking the oppertunity to make new friends?, then this is the Forum for you. Join us whilst we discuss and debate a wide range of topics, theres something for everyone so jump right in.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

False Nails

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

False Nails Empty
PostSubject: False Nails   False Nails Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 7:01 pm

Are you a big fan of false nails or not ?

Share your experiences with false nails here.

Tell us which types and brands you prefer and why .
Back to top Go down
https://its-all-about-you.forumotion.co.uk

False Nails Empty
PostSubject: ღPros and Cons of using press on nailsღ    False Nails Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 11:40 pm

Back to top Go down

False Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Nails   False Nails Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 8:21 am

I have worn false nails for about 15 yrs. 10 of which were the glue on from pharmacies, Wal-mart, or somewhere like that. I have found for me personally if you apply the glue on nails correctly they work just as good as acrylics. An application typically lasts me 7 to 10 days depending on my activities.

My preferred brand is Broadway Nails, "Natural Deceptions". I can't find any that I like near as much and the glue that comes in the package is ideal for me.

The trick for me to apply them correctly and get the best results is to lightly file my nails to remove excess oil on my nails.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

False Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Nails   False Nails Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:29 am

please feel free to start new posts discussing the different types of nails there are and their for and against qualities.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

False Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Nails   False Nails Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 6:25 am

I had a go at wearing false nails for a time, although i loved the effect once they were on, i hated the trimming and fitting part of it.
I used to get my hubby to cut them to size for me then id stick them on and apply polish.
The thing i dont like about applying false nails the most is, the mess it leaves of my nails underneath.
I learned that you got a better stick result if you lightly filed the top of your own nail first, oh it worked wonders, but what a mess my nails where in when i stopped wearing the falsies so i havent wore them for a while, but thats not to say i wouldnt try them again sometime x
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

False Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Nails   False Nails Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:50 am

can you tell us what the difference is between press on nails and acrylics vivi
Back to top Go down

False Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Nails   False Nails Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:43 pm

Oh gosh ages ago I used to have acrylics applied. I learned how to do the fill ins myself with products bought at the drugstore. I then decided to go short short and kept natural nails closely clipped. Time goes by and I evolve, now I am on personal journey of growing natural nails. I miss the convenience of acrylics though, and oh so very pretty. I have used the glue on nails for special occasions but always had the unfortunate incident of one or more of them flying off and landing in plain sight of others. OOOOps! I love nails period..polished, decorated, short, long... one more way for us to be unique.
Back to top Go down

False Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Nails   False Nails Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:26 pm

Wen....if the press on nails are applied correctly there are virtually no to minimal difference. I have used the press on nails for about 11 years now..before using the press on I used acrylic, I went and had my nails done all the time. I have been out in stores so many times and get asked who I go to to get my nails done. They are very shocked when I tell them that my nails are not acrylic but the press on ones and I do them myself. I prefer the press on nails because I think if done properly they damage your natural nails alot less than having the acrylic ones on and plus I get bored quickly and with the press on nails you can change them alot more frequent or not, depends on the person.
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

False Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Nails   False Nails Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:56 pm

excuse my ignorance ladies but i have never ever had my nails done at a salon and dont know anything about false nails other than they are plastic, come in different lengths, styles and colours lol.
so are acylics the same as plastic press ons only done by a beautition ?
Back to top Go down

False Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Nails   False Nails Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:07 pm

Salon nails are just (plastic) tips that are applied and then the nail tech adds a layer of acrylic over top to blend the tip with your nail. Once the acrylic has hardened the tech paints and/or airbrushes them. They generally last 2 weeks (some less) before they begin to grow out and leave a gap at which point you must return to the salson and have them "filled" in with more acrylic and repainted. Its a never ending process that wastes a lot of money.
Back to top Go down

False Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Nails   False Nails Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:44 pm

Acrylics can also be formed over the entire nail using a nail guide made of foil with wire edges. The guide is placed over tip of fingers. The guide has a grid on it that aids in getting the same length of acrylic on each nail. The technician preps the natural nail by roughing it up a bit. A fine tipped sable brush is then dipped in the liquid then into the powder, I did pink powder for nail bed and white powder for tip, so that a "pearl" forms on the tip of brush. The tech then places that pearl on the nail and pats and brushes it into shape. Once dried the acrylic nail is then filed either by hand or by a mechanical buffer... polish can then follow. A long long process that stinks to high heaven (funny story to follow) and maintenance is a pain in the butt to keep up with. Funny story... I was getting a dental crown cemented in when sniff sniff I caught a familiar odor... giving the universal time out sign to the dental staff they stop their work so that I may ask... Is that the same stuff used for acrylic nails? by golly, they answered that it sure was LOLOL!
Back to top Go down

False Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Nails   False Nails Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Maddie, I had no idea that was the same thing in acrylics!! LOL
Back to top Go down

False Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Nails   False Nails Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 6:59 pm

OMG me either!! :shock:
Back to top Go down

False Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Nails   False Nails Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 10:10 pm

LOL When I got a whiff of the odor as they got ready to cement it in I was like OMG NO WAY!!!! So I just had to ask them LOLOL I have had that crown over 10 years now without so much as a wiggle LOL, tough stuff. That entire thing of getting that crown cemented in was hilarious... after the dentist, a man, his staff and myself discuss the cement/acrylic nail, he places the crown in, then says OH NOOOOOOOOOO It is in backwards... He starts prying it off, sucker sets up quick, the crown flips out and I catch it with my tongue!!! Hilarious! I still go to that dentist (very small town) and we always chuckle about the "acrylic nail" in my mouth and the great catch I made with my tongue. Life is so funny! xoxo M
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

False Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Nails   False Nails Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:54 pm

good job you can laugh about it hun, i hate the dentist, im a big coward and would have passed out if they had to redo my treatment lol x
Back to top Go down

False Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Nails   False Nails Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:13 am

ok ok i give..lol how do i post a pic of the nails i did this morning?
Back to top Go down
Admin Wendy
Admin
Admin Wendy

False Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Nails   False Nails Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:02 am

first you need to hit the image button once
then click on insert an image in the top right of the topic box it will bring up a free uploading program
select resize your image to 329 for blogs sites.
select file and then browse for your pics on your pc, once you have the one you want select host it
then scroll to the bottom of the page and select copy under direct links. put the url right next to your img that you started with and then seal it by hitting the image again ( like so ....
[/img] picture url [img] )
then simply hit send and your done .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

False Nails Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Nails   False Nails Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

False Nails
Page 1 of 1